Monday, May 27, 2024

Sheena Ringo & Nakajima Ikkyu - Chirinuru wo (offering sake)

Hojoya / Ringo Sheena
"Chirinuru wo (offering sake)"
2024.05.27
"Chirinuru wo" [Single] / Houjouya [Album]

This'll Eventually Scatter

Lyrics, Composition, & Arrangement: Ringo Sheena

The prepared table of contents unfolds as it is over the Japanese islands. Magnolia, that milky white.
Now behold, behold as it turns reddish-brown. When the rain stops, the clematis will too. In all four directions
squirming so terribly and wildly, so you'll want to close your five, six senses.
Well, behold, how terrifying. And a bit draining. Oh dear, will I be able to escape?
"I want to see you. I still have thanks I couldn't hand over. Don't suddenly
disappear. Wait for me; don't go." I say, but you can't hear me, can you?
Threat. That small doubt raises its head. Recollection. If I'd at least noticed halfway through,
I could've stayed a bit longer by your side. It's quite harsh. I probably wanted too much.
"Hey, haven't you just been looking at other's circumstances all the time? Worry about yourself
rather than others. Wait for me; don't go." I say, and then finally a strange self-righteousness...
Drinking up all the love of the masses, inspiration dwelled in you. But in exchange
you offered up your life. Right? Well, well, I want you to say you were happy.
Aah, if anything, I'd wanted to tell you more at the end, but now I'm still
thinking of you. In fact, I love you even more than before. Sleep tight. Have
deep dreams.

* The title is a reference to the Japanese poem Iroha. The full line translates to "Even the blossoming flowers will eventually scatter".
Chirinuru wo

Sakushi, Sakkyoku, & Henkyoku: Sheena Ringo

Youi sarete ita mokuji sonomama kuridasu Nihon rettou. Mokuren, ano nyuuhakushoku.
Saa goran are yo are yo to azukiiro e. Ame ga yande wa tessen mo. Shihoui, shikiri ni
Ketatamashiku ugomeku kara, gokan/rokkan wo tojite shimaitaku naru deshou.
Maa goran odoro odoroshi. Chotto shindoi. Iya nigehaseru darou ka.
"Aitai desu. Tewatasezujimai no orei, mada aru. Kyuu ni inaku
Naranai de. Matte oite ikanai de." to, ittemo kikoenai ne.
Kyoui. Atama wo motageru ano chiisa na utagai. Jukkai. Semete tochuu de kizuketara,
Mou sukoshi soba ni irareta. Kanari kitsui. Kado ni hosshite ita no darou yo.
"Nee zutto hito no guai bakka mite inai? Tasha yori jibun wo ki ni shite
Oite kure. Matte oite ikanai de." to, iyoiyo myou na dokuzen...
Uzoumuzou no ai wo nomihoshite, reikan yadoshita. Hikikae ni anata wa, inochi wo
Sashidashita. Sou deshou? Maamaa koufuku datta tte itte hoshii.
Aa isso, saigo ni motto tsutaetakatta kedo ima, izen to shite omotte
Imasu. Mushiro, mae ijou ni daisuki desu. Gussuri neyashanse. Fukai yume
Miyashanse.
ちりぬるを

作詞・作曲・編曲:椎名林檎






No comments:

Post a Comment